Backup is the most important thing when you consider the security and safety of any active website. Sometimes there are adverse situations when your website gets hacked and you lose your data or access to the website accidentally. In those nightmare situations, a backup plugin can give you relief by maintaining the data integrity and safety of the website through data backup techniques. These backup plugins are capable to do regular backups on fixed or personalized time intervals to give you complete peace of mind about data safety and security.
In this article, we have analyzed and made thorough research to pick out the best WordPress backup plugin available in the market to avoid insecure and worse data loss situations.
Top 5 Best WordPress Back up Plugin in 2023
Vault press which is presently known as Jetpack backups is a wonderful backup plugin by Automattic. It will take care of all the data backup hassles of your website at regular time intervals to improve the performance and availability of your website. You get the incredible backup power to schedule automated backups as per your requirements. Jetpack offers daily automated and real-time cloud-based backups along with customized scans to detect any security and integrity issues.
Major Features :
- Cloud-based and real-time automatic backups
- Migration management of a website
- Automatic Malware and security scanning
- Website cloning
- Site monitoring
- Easy and convenient restoration
- Can extend the basic functionalities of a WordPress website.
- All basic features are available in the free plan
- Updates are available frequently.
- 14 Day money back guarantee
- The interface looks bloated and stuffed with tons of features.
- Hampers the performance of your website by making it sluggish.
$119.40 /year (Standard updates and support)
2. Updraft plus
Updraft plus is a popular WordPress backup plugin that can tackle all the data backup and management hassles of your website in a perfect way. The plugin has the capability to schedule automatic backups and on-demand backups on your local storage devices or cloud-based storage such as dropbox S3, Google drive, etc. The restoration process is also quite easy to get your data as it was in case of any data loss situations.
- Manual and automated backups
- One central storage space for backup management
- Multi-site backup compatible
- Supports cloud backup on FTP servers, Google Drive, Amazon S3, and Dropbox
- Backup encryption for extensive security
- Easy backup monitoring, reporting, and scheduling
- Convenient restoration, recovery, and migration
- Simple and easy to use
- Incredible support
- Limitless backup availability
- The paid version is a little bit costlier
- The paid version does not give lifetime access
Premium – $70/year
- Regular update
- Standard support
3. Backup Buddy
This is one of the most premium backup plugins that is used by thousands of WordPress websites to manage all the backups tasks of a website. It helps to make automated scheduled backups on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis on local as well as cloud-based storage spaces including Amazon S3, Rackspace, Dropbox, etc. Apart from that you can easily migrate, duplicate and restore websites easily with the help of Backup Buddy.
- Automated Scheduled backups
- Customizable backups for different contents
- Downloadable Backup zip files
- Instant Email Notifications
- Backup to cloud-based storage (Amazon S3, Backup Buddy, Google Drive)
- Easy website restore and database Rollback
- Simple website migration
- Useful website cloning
- Easy to use
- Malware scanning
- Simple set up
- No Free version
- Backup buddy is not allowed by some hosting platforms
Basic Plan – $99
- 1 Website
- Regular update
- Email support
4. Boldgrid backup
Bold grid Backup is an effective WordPress backup plugin from the popular WordPress theme builder, Boldgrid. It comes with a set of wonderful backup features to create, schedule, and manage backups in a pretty simple way. The automated backups are very much convenient and the fault protection helps to create a back of the website in case of any failure before it gets any updates. All is that we can consider Blodgrid backup as a powerful Backup plugin with extraordinary functionalities.
- Easy automated Backups
- Automated Fault protection
- Pretty simple Site Migration
- Individual File Restore
- Cloud storage options (Dropbox, Amazon S3, Google Drive, FTP)
- Easy setup
- Powerful Backup tools
- Support is not impressive
Basic – $30/year
- Premium Support
- Regular updates
Blogvault is a well-renowned and popular backup plugin that not only acts as a WordPress plugin but it also performs as a SaaS product. This backup plugin is perfect for small and mid-size organizations that do not have enough resources to deploy a dedicated permanent backup solution. It provides automated schedules and on-demand backups which are plenty useful in case of any mishappening or accidental data loss.
The features include:
- Real-Time automated backups
- Reliable restore after a data loss
- Encrypted data security
- Create a staging site with one click
- Simple website migration
- Advanced website monitoring
- Activity log to track any unwanted changes
- Wonderful reliable support
- Unlimited on demand back up
- Pricing is too high
Basic plan – $89
- 1 website
- 1-year personalized support
- 1 Year of regular Auto updates