It gets quite important for a person to know about the different reasons for the issue so that he/she could find a perfect solution for it. As we already have to get to know about the main reasons behind error too may redirect, let’s get started with the solution parts. We have enlisted below the different solutions for the same. Hope the guide will serve as a perfect help to you and will make it easy for you to get access over WordPress.
Solution 1: Check out the website’s URL settings
A minor misconfiguration in WordPress is usually one of the most common issues behind too many redirects errors. One can easily resolve this issue by following the procedure given below:
- Go to the Settings option of your device and then tap on the General Settings option to proceed further with the process.
- Now check out your WordPress Address(URL) and the Site Address(URL) very carefully. If it is the same, the reason behind the error might be something different. But they are different, you can see a blank page resulting in too many redirects errors. The majority of usually prefer to migrate our websites from HTTP to HTTPS but got forgot to update the URLs and hence result in the arrival of this issue.
- Users may face issues while accessing the wp-admin area. If it is so, you can simply update the URLs through the wp-config.php file very conveniently.
- Once you have done with the given process successfully, now move ahead with the File Manager option followed by tapping on the public_html option.
- Once done, now make a tap on the wp-config.php option for proceeding further with the process.
- Next, make a right-click on the Edit option for proceeding further with the solution part.
- One can easily get access over the file using FTP if your web hosting allows you.
- Next, replace the default URL of your website with your website URL, and once done don’t forget to save it.
- Next, clear the browser cache option.
- Bingo! Error too many redirects in WordPress have been removed successfully. You can easily get access to your WordPress website again.
Solution 2: Disable All Plugins
If incompatibility of the added plugins is the major issue behind the arrival of the too many redirects error, one can easily resolve it by disabling All Plugins. If you don’t know how to do it, just follow on the detailed procedure given below:
- The WordPress plugins are usually saved in a subfolder naming plugin. One can easily find the plugins directory in the wp-content folder.
- Make a right-click on the Plugins Directory and then tap on the option Rename.
- Rename your folder as per your preferences.
- Once done now tap on the green-colored checkmark and then wait patiently for a few minutes. It will usually take some time to process the request.
- Once your plugins have been successfully disabled, go to the web page of your web browser and try to get access over WordPress again.
- If you don’t find any redirected loop, it is clear that you have successfully found the solution for your error, but if not, you can proceed with the solutions given below.
Solution 3: Delete and Recreate the .htaccess File
We prefer you to make a secure backup before proceeding with the search for solutions further. Once you have done with it, follow up the things provided below:
- Go to the public_html director and then search for the .htaccess file over here.
- One can easily get the same at the cPanel settings as well. Just check the box for finding out the hidden files on the pop-up effectively.
- A new file will appear on your home screen. Tap on the right-click button that appeared on the rename segment.
- A pop-up message will appear on your home screen.
- Rename the file as per your preferences.
- Now tap on the Rename File button again and try to get access over your site.
More about the ERR_Too_Many_Redirects
It is annoying if we try to reach a website and receive an error there. It is the worst thing that no one of us wants to face at any time. Websites and apps have become an integral part of our daily routines. It’s not about accessing these all the time, but the creation portion is also quite interesting. WordPress is one of the most popular and incredibly stable and reliable platforms being used by developers.
The actual core programming of WordPress is quite strong, but the problems usually arise due to external sources. It can be your plugins or themes. The main reason behind the Too may redirects issues in WordPress is the incompatibility of these things with WordPress. The arrival of these errors simply means that you are going to have problems in functioning.
WordPress has emerged as one of the leading platforms for developing websites and applications. It seems to be quite annoying when we try to get access over your WordPress but fails to do the same due to the involvement of too many redirects issue.
We have summed up here the three different methods. Make sure to follow up on the solutions given very carefully so that you could get easy access to this wonderful platform.